Monday, February 21, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

I think that may be the first time I've written the year out. 2011 WOW.

Ha, anyway...

Last year I spent Valentine's Day skyping my deployed fiancée, while eating Hardee's. There was a Hardee's by his barracks and there's one a couple miles from my house so we decided to have a Skype date.

Fast forward to this year: I awoke to a random bright blue car in my driveway. (I have a turnaround drive, and huge picture windows) I didn't recognize it so I hooked my scary looking (bahahaha) German Shepherd on a leash and went to see why someone was sitting in my drive.

I knocked on the window closest to me and all of a sudden 4 big guys got out of the car. They were all matching, in bright red vests and bowties. (I didn't take a picture, I was frazzled).
It turns out that my crazy husband set out to make my day unforgettable.

It was a BARBERSHOP QUARTET.

They brought me roses, a card with my favorite poem inside and a box of chocolate truffles. And, oh yeah...THEY SANG TO ME. OUTSIDE! They did a little V-day song I've never heard before, and an old standard "Let Me Call You Sweetheart".

I started to cry and I was speechless. It was so sweet :) it makes up for all the V-days the Army has kept us apart.

Later that day, hubs came home early from work and took me to Bravo





It was WONDERFUL. I had only been there once before, and I like it as a semi-fancy place for minor special occasions. I had a type of pasta I haven't eaten since I was a kid and my mom used to make it from scratch and it didn't disappoint!

After that we went to see Gnomeo and Juliet. I am a huge Shakespeare lover, but also (&I can't believe I'm admitting this) I have a weird love for gnomes. I have a collection of one of a kind ones somewhere that has yet to be unpacked.





I loved James McAvoy as Gnomeo. The animation was really cute, and he's one of my favorites.


I also loved celebrating this silly holiday with my Husband! We're having fun commemorating all these married firsts (Christmas, Vday, etc.) and overall, having fun as newlyweds!







1 comment:

  1. this is probably the sweetest thing EVER! omg, how sweet is your husband? I am totally gunna tell this to my husband in the hopes he'll get all romantic on me :-)
    so glad you are with your guy this year.

    ReplyDelete

I like comments :)